Convenience, fit, and durability, learn about the benefits of CEREC same-day dental restorations
At Kenner Dental Group in Burien, Washington, we are a patient-centered practice committed to investing in the latest technologies that enable us to offer superior patient care, comfort, and results. One of the technologies that have truly transformed how we provide restorative dental care is the CEREC same-day dental restoration system.
The CEREC difference
Short for “Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics,” CEREC is an affordable, precise, and convenient way for patients to have dental restorations such as crowns, inlays, and onlays placed in just one visit. If you’ve ever had a traditional dental crown placed, you probably remember the lengthy, multi-visit process that involved messy putty impressions and babying a temporary crown while you waited for your permanent crown. With CEREC, you can avoid all these hassles! Using state-of-the-art CAD/CAM technology, we take digital impressions of your teeth that integrate with advanced computer software that enables us to plan your crown or other restoration. Then, this information is sent to the CEREC machine, where your beautiful new restoration is milled out of a block of durable, natural-looking porcelain while you catch up on email, read a good book, or take a quick nap. We then cement the restoration in place, and you are free to enjoy the rest of your day.
Advantages of CEREC
While there is no denying that CEREC dental restorations are convenient, they also offer many other benefits:
- Affordability: While it may seem like they would cost more, CEREC crowns are typically a more affordable option than traditional crowns because costly laboratory services and follow-up visits are not required
- No messy impressions: We use digital impression technology to take high-quality 3D images of your teeth – no messy, uncomfortable putty impressions
- Precision and fit: Putty impressions are error-prone and can lead to a final crown that doesn’t quite fit correctly; conversely, CEREC digital impressions are exact, and the potential for human error is eliminated, resulting in a perfect fit for your CEREC restoration
- Time savings: Traditional dental crowns typically take 2 to 3 weeks, whereas the whole CEREC process from start to finish only takes about 1.5 to 2 hours
- No temporary crowns: It is difficult to enjoy your favorite foods when you have a temporary crown in your mouth for weeks; with CEREC, you can avoid temporary crowns entirely
Patient-centered, technology-driven care
At Kenner Dental Group, single-visit dentistry is just one of the many factors that set us apart from other dental practices. To schedule your appointment, call us in Burien, Washington, today! You can reach our office at (206) 208-2339.